Nik Collection is a free set of plugins for compatible graphics applications such as Photoshop and others. It is made up by the following six tools:
- Analog Efex Pro, which emulates the look of an analog photo taken with an old camera.
- Silver Efex Pro, which transforms your color image into B&W. It has several options that emulate the effects that you can achieve in a physical darkroom using analog B&W negatives.
- HDR Efex Pro, which has a series of preset effects that can transform an ordinary photo into an artistic or surreal image.
- Dfine 2, which reduces the noise in your image.
- Color Efex Pro, which, as its name implies, lets you manipulate the color of your image to achieve the desired effect.
- Viveza 2, which lets you adjust the brightness, contrast, and saturation of your image.
-Sharpener 2, which is divided into RAW Presharpener, and Output Sharpener. The first lets you preadjust the sharpness of your images in RAW, which is a special format used by many photographers. The second lets you do the same, but using your photos in the most common formats, such as JPG and others.
All the preset options of these elements can be adjusted according to your needs, making them very versatile tools. Also, you can use all of them or only those that you need.
Although anyone can use these tools, it would be better if you have some knowledge on the use of graphics programs. This way, you will be able to take real advantage of them. Also, please note that these are not standalone programs, so you need to have a compatible graphics management program, such as Adobe Photoshop, in order to use them.